All essential activity and safety equipment is provided, but you will need to bring personal clothing, footwear, washing kits, swimwear and towels.
At PGL, the atmosphere is relaxed and informal and you will only need casual clothing. Lots of old, loose, easy-to-wash clothing is recommended for participating in the activities. Tracksuit-style trousers are warmer and more comfortable than jeans when wet.
Some activities will require particular clothes to be worn (see list below). Activity staff at the centre will advise you prior to each activity of any clothing requirement - such as long-sleeved tops or no open toed shoes.
Please label all items of clothing!
For activity sessions you will need:
- Bath towels
- Large Towels - for swimming and wet activities
- Several changes of underwear and socks - long socks not 'trainer' socks are required for some activities
- Plenty of old sweatshirts/fleeces
- Plenty of strong, loose-fitting trousers/tracksuit bottoms
- 1 or 2 complete changes of clothes for the evenings
- Plenty of long sleeved shirts / t-shirts
- Shoes for wet or muddy activities - canvas / plastic / old trainers / wellington boots or walking boots
- Waterproof cagoule/jacket
- Trainers - at least one pair not open-toed
You may also want to bring:
- Toilet bag, shampoo, soap etc. - please do not bring spray deodorants, hair-sprays etc. as these set off the sensitive fire alarms
- T-shirts and shorts - for warmer weather
- Plastic water bottle
- Small rucksack - for dry clothes when off-site and excursions
- Disposable camera
- No electrical equipment